Leuphana University of Lüneburg invites applications for a part-time position (50%), starting October 1, 2016, as a Lecturer in the Writing Center for Academic English (WCAE) at the Center for Modern Languages (Zentraleinrichtung Moderne Sprachen, ZeMoS), for a period of two years.
The WCAE supports students at Leuphana University by offering a wide range of workshops and courses and individual consultations. Founded in October 2012, it plays an important role in Leuphana’s internationalization strategy, and it cooperates with the four faculties, the graduate and professional schools, Leuphana College, and other university programs.
- Teaching 9 hours per week
- Developing and offering workshops and seminars on academic writing in English
- Contributing to the training and education of peer tutors
- Offering individual appointments for undergraduate and graduate students
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in ESL/EFL, with a focus on academic writing in English
- Excellent command and knowledge of the English language (native speaker or near-native speaker of English) and a very good command of the German language
- Experience with writing consultations, preferably in a writing center context
- Previous higher education teaching experience (tutorials, workshops, seminars, etc.) in English desirable
- Previous experience with reviewing manuscripts in an editorial capacity desirable
- Ability and interest to conduct research on writing competencies and writing centers
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team
Leuphana University of Lüneburg is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its faculty and staff. Applications by qualified individuals are strongly encouraged. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration.
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV, a writing sample of up to 10 pages, and a list of three references) by August 15, 2016 to:
Leuphana University Lüneburg
Att. Ms. Corinna Schmidt
Password: Writing Center
The job ad (in German) is available here: http://www.leuphana.de/news/jobs-und-karriere/forschung-lehre/ansicht-forschung-lehre/datum/2016/07/12/lehrkraft-fuer-besondere-aufgaben-50-an-der-schreibwerkstatt-englisch-writing-center-for-academi.html.