Journal of Second Language Writing is accepting proposals for a 2019 special topic issue from interested guest editors. We seek proposals that address a theme that will be of interest and relevance to the journal’s international readership of L2 writing scholars. We are especially interested in special issue themes that will highlight work in underrepresented contexts and areas of inquiry in second language writing. Recent special issues have addressed the following topics:
- Thesis and dissertation writing in a second language (in progress)
- L2 writing in computer-mediated contexts (in progress)
- Complexity in L2 writing
- Corpus assessment in L2 writing
- Exploring L2 writing-SLA interfaces
- Textual appropriation and source use in L2 writing
- Adolescent L2 writing in U.S. contexts
- The future of genre in second language writing: A North American perspective
- Writing in foreign language contexts: Research insights
Articles to be included in the issue may be invited by the guest editors, or the guest editors may put out an open call for papers for the issue.
Proposal Content: Proposals should include: (a) a general description of the issue and its potential contribution to the field; (b) relevance and important features of the issue; (c) an outline of the proposed authors and content (with abstracts), if the pieces are to be invited; (e) a call for proposals/abstracts, if there will be an open call for submissions; (f) name(s) and qualifications of the guest editor(s), including relevant editing experience; and (g) a proposed timeline.
Deadline: Email proposals in a single PDF file by June 1, 2017. Proposals will be reviewed initially by the journal’s editors and then may be passed on to the editorial board for a second-stage review. The issue will appear in the second half of 2019.