The Department of Applied Linguistics at Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain) and the Research Group of Studies on Specific Languages (Grupo de análisis de lenguas de especialidad- GALE) are delighted to announce the 1st International Conference on Corpus Analysis in Academic Discourse from 22 to 24 November 2017.
This conference aims to provide language researchers an opportunity to present and communicate their work from a variety of corpus analysis and academic discourse studies perspectives. For the 1st International Conference on Corpus Analysis in Academic Discourse, it has been decided that particular attention will be paid to corpus studies and academic discourse analysis (whether monolingual or multilingual). The particular aim of the 1st International Conference on Corpus Analysis in Academic Discourse is thus to examine the means by which corpus linguistics attempts to detect and analyse different aspects of academic discourse, with the ultimate aim of better understanding how they function in the language system.
Paul Rayson- Lancaster University
Antonio Briz- Universitat de València
Ruslan Mitkov- University of Wolverhampton Francisco Alonso- Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
As well as the general conference theme, the conference committee invites contributions relating to the following 6 specific topics:
- Corpora and academic language teaching
- Corpus-based lexicology
- Pragmatic studies on academic discourse
- Corpora, translation and terminology studies
- Tools for academic discourse studies
- Corpus linguistics and academic languages for specific purposes
Instructions for submissions:
Submissions should present either complete research, or research in progress where at least some substantial results have been achieved. Submissions should be written according to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts of 250-300 words, excluding the word count for references. The abstract will be submitted to review and should be formatted following the following style:
- Surname, given name, affiliation, e-mail
- Title, centred, bold, font Times New Roman 14 pts
- Keywords, italics, font Times New Roman 12 pts, below the title
- Main text, justified, font Times New Roman 12 pts, linear interspacing 1
- The author(s) should assign the paper to one of the 6 specific topics mentioned above.
- To submit a proposal for the conference, please go to the CAAD17 site.
- 3 July 2017: Deadline for submissions
- 28 July 2017: Notification of acceptance
- 1 September 2017: Registration begins
- 15 October 2017: End of registration for authors
- 24 November 2017: End of registration
- 20 December 2017: Submission of complete papers for their publication