CASDW-ACR is seeking nominations for the following positions on our Executive. Self-nominations are welcome. If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else, please contact a member of the Nominating Committee: Boba Samuels, Shurli Makmillen, and James Corcoran. Nominations will be voted on (or acclaimed) at our Annual General Meeting, to be held during the 2020 CASDW-ACR Conference in London, Ontario (May 30–June 1). You do not need to be able to attend the AGM to join the Executive.
The journal editor(s) have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and publicize the Canadian Journal for Studies in Discourse and Writing/Rédactologie (CJSDW/R)
- Appoint an editorial board and a peer review board
- Appoint an assistant editor representing the official language other than that of the editor
The VP/Conference Chair has the following responsibilities:
- Organize the CASDW-ACR annual conference
- Following a two-year term as VP, take over as President
The Communications Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and regularly update the CASDW-ACR website
- Share information through the CASDW-ACR listserv
- Publicize the annual CASDW-ACR conference
- Manage the CASDW-ACR Twitter account
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of the Nominating Committee: Boba Samuels, Shurli Makmillen, and James Corcoran.