The CASDW-ACR 2023 conference will be held Sunday, May 28 to Tuesday, May 30 2023 at York University, in Toronto, Ontario.
We will re-join the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences conference and offer an as-hybrid-as-possible conference in-person and online with live-streaming when available.
In the coming months, watch for information from CASDW-ACR on
- Our call for papers (expected mid-November, with a due date for proposals by mid-January, 2023)
- Our theme will be in-line with Congress’s focus on social justice. To be announced with the call for papers.
- Early-bird registration will open in January and close in late March.
- Because we are participating in Congress, registrants will have to pay fees to both Congress and to CASDW/ACR.
- Our fee structure will reflect the different income brackets occupied by our members, as does Congress’s fee structure.
- We plan to allow BIPOC students to register in our conference for free.
- Information on childcare options.
- CASDW/ACR is only able to offer one subsidy of $200 to help cover one registrant’s childcare costs (in person or remote) during the conference.
Our conference organizing committee for 2023 includes:
- James Corcoran, Local Area Coordinator for our conference at York University
- Tessa Troughton, who spent a day at York on our behalf this September
- Laura Baumvol, who has joined the organizing committee, and
- The CASDW/ACR executive