The Student Learning Commons in Simon Fraser University’s (SFU) Library is seeking a temporary full-time Learning Services Coordinator. The term is from later in 2021 through January 2023.
More information, including how to apply, can be found on the SFU website: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=2891
The Learning Services Coordinator coordinates the delivery of learning strategies programs and services to students. The Learning Services Coordinator provides direct service through senate-approved classes, workshops, courses, on-line programs and individual advising that focus on thinking, learning, decision making and life management skills. Programs are aimed at facilitating transition, student success and retention. In addition, in collaboration with Student Learning Commons colleagues, the Learning Services Coordinator develops and oversees the learning strategies curriculum, supervises the involvement of student staff and student volunteers (e.g. Student Learning Commons Graduate Peer Facilitators and Peer Educators), coordinates projects, researches and develops new programs and develops partnerships with faculty, student services staff and the community.
- Master’s of Education degree with a minimum of 3 years of post-secondary teaching experience, and experience in the development and delivery of post-secondary learning strategies programs, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of student development, learning strategies theory, research and current issues, and transition programs for post-secondary students.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) skills, interpersonal, problem-solving and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, database, and presentation applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.